The Australian Ambassador in Vienna is looking for a chef for his official Residence.
What you will be doing:
The chef will create fresh, innovative menus for the Official Residence of the Australian Ambassador promoting Australian cuisine. She or he will plan and cater for official events, and oversee kitchen operations from sourcing ingredients through to plating up meals. The position is independent in the kitchen, but works closely with permanent Residence staff and temporary function support.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and catering for meals and at the Official Residence, ranging from casual or formal private dinners through to functions for over 50 people
- Overseeing all kitchen operations, including ordering stock and managing inventory within budget, and upkeep of kitchen facilities
- Working closely with Residence staff and the Ambassador’s Executive Assistant at the Embassy in support of the Ambassador effectively carrying out his role
- Keeping the kitchen clean, including cleaning up after events and washing dishes
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Ambassador
What you will bring:
- High-end catering experience and/or training appropriate for working in an official environment
- A thirst for creativity in the kitchen
- Interest in Australian cuisine and influences
- Professionalism, a strong work ethic and demonstrated customer service
- High level of discretion
- Understanding of Austrian markets and suppliers an advantage
- Fluency in English a must, German language skills an advantage
What you can expect:
Staff at the Residence are employed in line with the Austrian Hausangestelltengesetz. They are employed personally by the Ambassador and are not Embassy employees.
Contract duration: Initially six months. This will be extended if both parties agree.
Salary: At least EUR 2,500 (paid 15 times per year). Overtime for evening events will be paid extra.
Hours: 40 per week – mostly during the daytime, with normally one or two evening events per week.
About the Australian Ambassador in Vienna
The Australian Ambassador in Vienna represents Australian interests in Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, as well as at the international organisations based in Vienna. The Residence is both the Ambassador’s home and a venue for promoting Australia.
How to apply
Send the following documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 February 2020:
- Covering letter (maximum one page)
- CV (maximum three pages)
- Names and contact details of two referees
- Your salary expectations
The successful applicant will need to undergo background probity checks prior to engagement.
Apply for Chef in the Residence of the Australian Ambassador
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.