This is a full-time job at a study abroad program for students matriculated at colleges and universities in the US. Our fall and spring semester programs offer a full range of academic course options; our summer programs are more focused. The main responsibility of the Student Affairs Assistant is to assist the Student Affairs Team with various matters in the areas of health, housing, and safety of the students at IES Abroad Vienna.
- Provides assistance for various matters related to Student Affairs and Academics, including student life, health and safety, internships, and customized programs
- Along with staff, organizes and participates in the activities of the Orientation sessions
- Assists with the IES Vienna Language Buddy Program
- Chaperones IES trips as needed
- Helps with housing inspections and other housing related issues
- Supports the contact with RAs and everything related to RAs, e.g. gatherings or RA-organized events
MEDICAL and HEALTH ISSUES
- Supports the Health and Safety Coordinator with physical health related issues
- Assists with hospital visits and follow up
- Takes over the emergency phone and handles emergency situations in rotation with other staff members
- Assists with the preparation and carrying out of events for all four programs tracks
- Is responsible for obtaining reduced-fee public transportation tickets for students
- Maintains daily contact with students to advise, assist and generally mentor them through the study abroad process
- Promotes a healthy student environment and assists students in building community
- Assists with diversity-related matters (Diversity Corner, IES App, etc.)
- Assists with police reports, insurance claims, etc.)
- Manages Residence Permits/Visas for Full Year students
- Manages the process of registering students (Meldezettel)
- Is responsible for the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content of IES Abroad Vienna social media platforms in cooperation with Student Affairs Team and Special Programs Manager
- Liases with student video bloggers and blogger correspondents
- Collects and promotes newsworthy stories at IES Vienna with Chicago headquarters
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in German and English
- Experience working with young adults, preferably with American university students and with a knowledge of American culture
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Friendly, dedicated, team-oriented, adept at human relations
- Reliable, organized, takes initiative and has creative problem-solving skills
- Able to stay calm in stressful situations, high frustration tolerance level, willing to work overtime and weekends, when necessary
- Confidence in public speaking
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Valid Austrian work permit
- University degree preferred
Full-time position (38.5 hours/week) with full benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2019.
Start Date: October 15, 2019.
About IES Abroad:
The Institute for the International Education of Students, or IES Abroad, is a non-profit study abroad organization that administers study abroad programs for U.S. college-aged students. Founded in 1950 as the Institute of European Studies, the organization has since been renamed to reflect additional offerings in Africa, Asia, Oceania, and Latin America. The organization now provides more than 125+ programs in 19 countries and 33 cities. Over 115,000 students have studied abroad on IES Abroad programs since its founding, with more than 5,700 students studying abroad each year.
Send CV and cover letter to Tobias Sigmund firstname.lastname@example.org and Meral Kölblinger email@example.com.
Apply for Student Affairs Assistant
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.