This is a full-time job at a study abroad program for students matriculated at colleges and universities in the US. Our fall and spring semester programs and offer a full range of academic course options; our summer programs are more focused. This position is responsible for the organization, management, development, and smooth running of the Summer Internship Program and is, additionally, expected to assist variously in matters related to Special Programs, Academics, and Student Services during the academic year.
The job requirements can be divided into the following areas:
- Liaise with IES Vienna and IES Chicago staff in connection with the internship application process.
- Respond to student and IES recruiter queries and questions.
- Oversee the provision of all pre-departure advice and information for internship students.
- Organize pre-departure mock interviews.
- Edit CV/CL for internship students.
- Oversee the completion and provision of all necessary documentation.
- Be well-informed regarding government legislation, regulations and advice on students studying in Austria, permission to work, visas and entry clearance.
- Day-to-day management of Internship Program, to include office hours/fielding phone calls from current interns, and liaising with employers of current interns.
- Manage Internship Orientation and provide interns with all internship interview information and documentation.
- Responsible for the management and placement of all interns to include
- meeting with students regularly during the interview process and throughout the term,
- confirming internships and start dates,
- keeping in contact with all internship hosts,
- and ensuring proper evaluation of student performance at the end of the term.
- Provide assistance to the Instructor(s) of the Internship Seminar with class materials, logistics, and any other necessary support in the delivery of practical and academic content.
- Supervise Data Management of the Internship Program.
- Deliver CORE program.
- Coordinate with Student Services and Housing in matters related to student health, housing and, when necessary, disciplinary measures.
- Deliver strategic planning for program.
- Develop new internship areas and opportunities as needed.
- Oversee tracking of visits to placements to maintain relationships and seek out employer referrals.
- Set and coordinate calendar for key program deliverables.
- Organize pre-departure employer interviews for internship students.
- Promote the IES Internship Program through company visits maintaining good relations with partners.
- Organize company site visits to internship placements for IES Abroad and Customized teams.
- Assist with IES Vienna field trips and excursions.
- Assist with IES Vienna on-call emergency telephone service.
- Assist with semester internship coordination and Customized Programs.
- All other projects and duties as assigned by line manager and/or Center Director.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in German and English.
- Internationally minded.
- Experience in PR, sales or business development.
- Friendly, dedicated, team-oriented, adept at human relations.
- Reliable, organized, takes initiative and has creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to stay calm in stressful situations, high frustration tolerance level, willing to work overtime and weekends, especially during the summer program to the end of July.
- Valid Austrian work permit.
- University degree (Master’s or higher) preferred.
Full-time position (38.5 hours/week) with full benefits.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2018.
Interviews: September 17-21, 2018.
Start Date: October 1, 2018.
Apply for Summer Internship Coordinator and Special Programs Assistant
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.